Woku ikan mas (golden fish woku) Manado is fresh water fish of Manado dishes style. What is it ? Here you are.
- 500 gr medium golden fish (3 fishes)
- 3 tbsp cooking oil for sauté
- 1 tsp lime fruit juice
- 2 tbsp sea salt
- 200 ml freshwater
Ground seasoning :
- 5 red chilies/bird eyes chilies (cabai rawit)
- 10 curly red pepper (cabai keriting)
- 1 inch ginger root (jahe), peeled and chopped
- 1 inch turmeric root (kunyit), peeled and chopped
- 3 candlenuts (buah kemiri), fried without cooking oil
- 1 tbsp sea salt
- 4 lime fruit leaves, sliced finely
- 1 pandanus leaf, cut about 1 cm piece
- ½ turmeric leaf, made a knot
- 2 stalks of lemongrass, sliced finely
- 4 green tomatos, cut into 8 pieces
- 1 tbsp lime fruit juice
- 4 stalks of basil, take its leaves
- 1 stalks of bawang daun (welsh’onion), sliced finely
- Remove golden fish scales, open the fish’s abdomen with a 3 inch incision remove the innards, cleaning well, make 2 or 3 incision at the fish body.
- Smear the fish with sea salt and lime fruit juice, let them up to 20 minutes. After 20 minutes take the fish, wash off and cleaning well again, set aside.
- Put all ground flavor ingredients into food processor (use mortar and pestle or blend), grind them until very finely.
- Pre-heat cooking oil over medium heat. Sauté the ground seasoning (point 4) with turmeric leaves and lemongrass, stir them frequently until the mixture changes color and becomes very fragrant.
- Add fresh water (about 200 cc), bring to boil, at the same time stir the mixture frequently. Put the golden fish (point 3), green tomatos, welsh’onion and lime fruit juice into the mixture, cook until the fish done and sauce becomes thick.
- Add basil leaves, stir again at a momen. Remove. And now, our cooking ready to serve.
- Serve golden fish woku with rice and another dishes.
Happy trying, and thank you.
** Read too, Masalah Kita Sekitar Kita