You can make rendang of beef or another meat, chicken meat etc. How to make Padang style beef rendang ?
Here you are.
- 1 kg piece of fresh beef, cleaning well, slice beef about 1 x3 x 3 cm or as your taste.
- 3 coconut, made 2 lt coconut milk
- 1 stalk serai (lemongrass), bruised
- 5 daun jeruk purut (small fragrant fruit leaves)
- 2 daun kunyit (turmeric leaves), chopped
- 2 daun salam (bay leaves)
GROUND SEASONING :
- 5 cm (2 inch) lengkuas/laja/laos (alpina galangal root), peeled and scraped
- 5 cm (2 inch) jahe (ginger root), peeled and scraped
- 150 gr cabai merah (red chilies), seeded and chopped
- 15 cloves of red onion (bawang merah), peeled and chopped
- 4 cloves of garlic (bawang putih), peeled and chopped
- - sea salt, season to taste
- Make the ground flavor in the food processor ( a mortar and a pestle or blend), combaine all ground flavor ( alpine galangal, ginger root, red chilies, red onion, garlic and sea salt) grind them until very finely.Smear on sliced beef with ground flavor (point 1) over all beef, let them up to 20 – 30 minutes, so that spices absorbed.
- After 30 minutes, place all beef with all the ground flavor in wok, pour the coconut milk, add bay leaves, lemongrass, turmeric leaves and jeruk purut leaves, bring to boil for several minutes, stired continously. Then reduce heat to medium and simmer until the beef tender and the grounded flavor is running dry and the colour change to brouwnish chromatic. ( Don’t forget we have to stir continuously until done, if we don’t the coconut milk will sparate).
- Now “rendang daging sapi khas Padang” ready to serve. Serve with rice and another dishes.